A new month and a new week have already started, and I am super excited with my new cozy & stylish IKEA corner at my home!
Today It's Monday, and I am so happy with this post, because I couldn't wait to share with you my new special and very stylish items which I bought some days ago, from IKEA!
As most of you had already seen on my stories, last week I visited the IKEA store at Dietlikon and I was very happy about that!
It's true that everytime when me and my friends are visiting an IKEA store, it's like going to wonderland! Even we have a purpose of buying something specific, or we visit it just for fun, everytime we end up with a lot of new items, which we just saw in the showroom! So, I think that visiting an IKEA store, it's totally different than visiting a normal store, but it's like visiting a place for a day trip!
This time, the purpose of my visit, was to see live two of the new collections, the new SPRIDD limited edition collection , and of course the new PS 2017 collection! I had already seen some photos from the collections, but I couldn't wait for more to see them live!
Like the previous collections, IKEA continues the quest to make fashion and furniture meet and this time presents SPRIDD – a print-based collection of tents, bags and storage boxes (plus lots of other fantastic pieces) – created in collaboration with British fashion designer Kit Neale.(click here for more info about Kit Neale)
SPRIDD collection is for the home and beyond. It’s for everyone who live a life on the move and who could do with an easier (and much more fun) everyday life in transit.
I loved the whole collection but, this time I choose:
- SPRIDD boxes with lid
- A steel vacuum flask (in order to have a piece of the collection everywhere with me!)very funky cushion covers
- Mugs and bowls (for my breakfast!)
When I finished my shopping at SPRIDD collection, I went to see the new PS 2017 collection. Like the previous eight PS collection, this collection include over 50 very stylish and limited edition items which were designed by 17 designers from around the world!
IKEA PS is for the fiercely independent. For free- thinkers who refuse a work - eat - sleep - repeat life and who give the convention a miss. Not asking for permission or approval. Choosing freedom and the possibilities that come with it!
And that is exactly who this IKEA PS collection was designed for. Because who better to appreciate a folding sofa that can hang on a wall, or a pillow that becomes a quilt, or a self- watering pot that helps keep unattended plants alive for two weeks?
Again, if it was possible I would like to have the whole collection at my house, (but something like that was impossible) so finally I choose:
- The storage unit, designed by Nike Karlsson. It is a collapsible metal storage unit, which fits anywhere!Just unpack and use, It doesn't need any fittings. The hinged, open-cage construction is quick and easy to set up!
- The super PS2017 Lamp(I was super excited with this lamp)! A Led multi-use light, designed by Matali Crasset.It is inspired by the railway lamps! It’s a lamp that you can move around and hang or place it where you need light. Basically, it’s a product with timeless functionality in a modern shell!
- The PS 2017 corner easy chair with cushions, designed by Kate & Joel Booy. A simple, light frame with a mesh of metal that fits in a flat package! It's a modern piece of everyday furniture. Of course, you can buy two of them in order to have a sofa!
- Mugs with lid, designed by Iina Vuorivirta. Simple mugs, which you can take them everywhere! The designer is inspired by normal paper take- away mugs, creating a mug that's kinder to our environment!
- Bowls and plates designed by Maja Ganszyniec!They are designed with high rims, so you don't spill or burn yourself when you carry the food!
- A vase designed by Iina Vuorivirta.A bit of environmentally friendly beauty, that everyone can afford!
When I saw both of the collections, of course I couldn't resist to have a look the showroom! There, once again I found a lot of stylish items for my corner! I was searching for a comfortable and cozy small bed-sofa, that's why I choose the SOLSTA sofa! I also choose the VITTSJO laptop table, because I wanted to work on my laptop, enjoying my cozy sofa, and of course, I bought a lot of decoration items, in order to include them at my IKEA corner!
At the end, a visit to an IKEA store, couldn't be completed, without a visiting IKEA restaurant!
I was totally impressed by my experience with IKEA! The collections are so cool and stylish, the staff very polite and able to help me with everything that I wanted. One big plus of IKEA was the super express delivery, so I didn't have to carry anything, because they bring the items directly from the store, into my apartment, in less than a day!
My next visit to an IKEA store will be very soon, because I want to discover the brand new JASSA limited edition collection, which will be available very soon, and is inspired by Indonesian and South East Asian design traditions!
Until then, I can purchase my next order online here!
See bellow the album from my IKEA corner!